Customer: A US Department of Defense Organization
Project: Resource & Program Performance
This US Department of Defense organization conducts a full spectrum campaign that bridges the gap between and among Department of Defense (DoD) and Non-DoD institutions in the fight against illicit drugs and transnational threats to the Homeland. They support military, law enforcement, and community based counterdrug operations at all levels of government to anticipate, deter, and defeat these threats in order to enhance national security and protect our society.
Business Goals & Benefits
In support of an organizational-specific mission, a management information system was developed in the mid-1990s to provide data storage and reporting of all Counterdrug operational activities. The system provides functionality that is used by HQ personnel and personnel in 54 states and territories in support of mission planning and execution, resource and information management, and evaluation and quality control. The client was looking for a more effective way to report on mission activity and costs and report results to multiple constituents, including Congress, DoD senior leadership and state and local authorities.
Southport worked with the organization to define and develop a solution that would allow program administrators in the 54 states and territories to quickly and easily analyze mission results, identify areas for improvement, and report results to their constituents. Key requirements of the solution include:
- Be easy to use for end users
- Be flexible and customizable for advanced power uses and analysts
- Eliminate the reliance on a centralized support desk for support of all ad-hoc reporting requests
- Save time spent preparing reports by facilitating the distribution of information to program constituents
- Enforce security to enforce requirements to limit access and functionality based on role
Scope of Southport Engagement
- BI Strategy, Planning & Roadmap Development
- Technology Platform Selection, Installation & Architecture Design
- BI Application & Report Development
- Requirements Definition
- Data Integration & Data Quality
- Performance Optimization
- BI Testing Services
Learn more about Southport’s Business Intelligence Service Offerings.