3 Keys to Defining an Actionable BI Roadmap
How do you prioritize your business intelligence initiatives? We’ve identified three key areas of consideration that will help you identify the high impact business intelligence solutions that have the lowest implementation risk.
For every industry, there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of potential BI use cases. Your success depends on your ability to identify and prioritize those which will provide your business with the biggest impact and the lowest risk. When defining your BI roadmap, focus on the intersection of three key areas:
1. Leverage industry-specific use cases. Ask questions like:
- What are the high-impact use cases for our industry?
- Which of these use cases align with our stated business objectives and priorities?
- For which use cases can we define measurable business benefits?
2. Inventory your data sources.
- Is data to support your identified use cases readily avaiable?
- Is the data reliable?
- Are the data sources stable?
3. Assess your people, processes and technology.
- Do you have a committed business partner for each project?
- Are internal SME resources available to support the project?
- Do you have the required infrastructure to support each use case?
Still not sure where to start? Contact us to learn more about our BI Roadmap planning services.